Swipe to the left
Black Bean, Hominy, and Kale Stew
- 2 Poblano Chiles
- 5 Tomatillos
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, Seeded and Minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cans Unsalted Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Bunch of Kale, Stems Removed and Chopped
- 1 can Hominy, Rinsed and Drained
- 6 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 cup Sharp White Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- ¼ cup Cilantro Chopped
- Preheat broiler to high
- Place poblano chiles and tomatillos on a foil lined baking sheet. Broil 10-15 minutes until poblano chiles skin starts to peel and blacken. Remove from oven.
- Place tomatillos in a food processor and process until smooth. After tomatillos are removed wrap poblano chiles in foil to steam for 10 minutes.
- After poblanos have finished steaming and cooling off peel skin off chiles, cut in half and remove seeds and stem before coarsely chopping.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat add oil, onion, and jalapeno, and saute for 5-10 minutes until tender. Add garlic and cumin followed by tomatillos, vegetable broth, salt, red pepper flakes, black beans and kale. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes until kale is tender.
- Add roasted poblanos and hominy continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle stew into bowls and top with sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.
Recipe modified from MyRecipes.com