Swipe to the left
Black Rice Noodle Dish
- Black rice noodles
- 4 large cloves garlic chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsps roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup edamame (removed from shells)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsps soy glaze
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 1-in piece ginger peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp tahini
- In a large pot, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil on medium heat. Add half the peanuts and garlic. Stir occasionally for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine soy glaze, tahini, vinegar, ¼ cup of water and 1 tsp sambal oelek. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Blanche carrots in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Add noodles to boiling water and cook for 2-4 minutes until tender. Turn off heat and reserve ½ cup of noodle cooking water. Drain the rest of the water and rinse through warm water to prevent sticking. Drizzle sesame seed oil over noodles and return to pot. Toss with carrots, and sauce and half the reserved cooked water. Cook on medium high stirring frequently until combined. Up to one minute. Divide between two dishes and garnish with garlic peanuts and scallions.