Swipe to the left
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded raw zucchini (about 1/2 lbs)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Grate the zucchini, using a Mandoline. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- In another large bowl whisk the eggs. Then add the oil, sugars, and vanilla extract and whisk until well blended.
- Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Fold into the flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes*.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan and cool completely.
Check at 45 and then add 5 minute increments if not done.