Swipe to the left
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, or other neutral cooking oil
- 4 cups fresh or frozen yellow corn, thawed if frozen (from about 6 ears)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese, plus more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons Mexican-style chili powder
- Juice from two limes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil on medium-high until shimmering.
- Using Chef'n Cob Corn Stripper (if using fresh corn), remove corn from cob. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is toasted and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic from Garlic Zoom tool, and cook for another 30 seconds or so. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the toasted corn mixture with the remaining ingredients.
- Adjust seasonings, adding more of your preferred flavors, if desired.
- Serve at room temperature with additional cotija cheese.