Swipe to the left
Kale & Orzo Salad
Kale & Orzo Salad Ingredients
- 1 ½ c. Orzo, cooked per packaged directions and cooled
- ¼ c. sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 Bunches Kale
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- 2 ribs Celery, thinly sliced
- 1 c. Blueberries
- 3 oz. Goat Cheese, crumbled
- ¼ c. Orange Juice
- 2 Shallots, diced finely
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Plain Greek Yogurt
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Prepare Orzo to packaged directions, rinse and cool completely. Orzo will become sticky – toss with a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside until ready to add to the salad.
- Toast almonds on the stovetop over medium heat in a small fry pan until fragrant and slightly darker in color. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Wash the kale and pat it dry. Use the Chef'n Looseleaf Greens Stripper to remove stiff stems from the leaves. Stack the kale leaves two or three at a time, roll them up, and slice the leaves into thin ribbons.
- Place the kale ribbons in a large mixing bowl. Add the salt and a drizzle of oil and massage it into the kale with your hands. The kale starts to turn a darker green and the texture of the kale will begin to soften a bit when ready.
- Chop celery and add to the kale with the blueberries, orzo and almonds.
- Mix dressing ingredients (OJ, shallots, olive oil and sugar) in the Chef'n Emulstir. Once combined, add yogurt and shake again to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour about half the dressing over the salad and toss. Add more to your liking. Finish salad with a few crumbles of goat cheese and an extra bit of freshly cracked pepper.