Swipe to the left
Pica Pica Chicken
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1 ripe tomato coarsely chopped
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pica Pica to taste (1/3 tsp for mild, 2/3 tsp for spicy, 1 heaping tsp for the way I like it)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Generously season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Sauté onions with pick-a-pepper over medium-high heat until soft. While onions are cooking grill chicken thighs.
- Once onions are soft, add tomatoes and cook until liquid is evaporated. Around 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from grill and cover with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes. While chicken is resting, remove tomatoes and onion from pan and set aside. Add olive oil to pan and wilt spinach.
- After spinach has wilted, add tomato mixed back into pan and combine with spinach.
- Serve chicken over vegetables.