Swipe to the left
Uses Chef'n SleeKSlice and Palm Peeler
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1.5-2 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes (You can also use Russet if you'd like)
- ½ - ¾ stick salted butter
- A 9 inch oven safe skillet
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Peel potatoes. I used our Palm peeler.
- Slice potatoes using the #3 setting on the Sleek Slice
- Put slices in a bowl of cold water
- Drain water and pat dry potatoes slices with paper towels. The drier the better.
- Melt your butter. Don’t skimp on the butter. The French know what they are doing when it comes to butter.
- In a 9 inch skillet that is preferably nonstick or cast iron generously butter the bottom and sides of the pan. Inside the pan of course as buttering the outside of the pan would cause a kitchen fire.
- Layer the sliced potatoes circularly until the bottom of the pan is covered. Brush butter on top of potatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Then repeat. Potatoes, butter, salt and pepper until the potatoes are all used.
- Brush the inside of a piece of aluminum Foil with butter and tightly cover the top of the pan.
- Cook potatoes on Med High heat on the stove top until you hear them sizzle. Should take 2 minutes. Don’t oversizzle!
- Immediately put the pan in the oven (middle rack) and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of cooking remove the pan and get the sturdiest stainless spatula you own and press down on top of the foil firmly making sure to cover the whole pan while pressing.
- Remove the foil and cook another 30 minutes on 450F degrees.
- Remove the pan from the oven and plate by carefully putting a plate that is larger than the pan on top of the pan and flipping over the pan. You want the bottom of the Pommes Anna to now be on top.
- Slice like a pie and serve with a Roast Chicken or main course of your choice.