Swipe to the left
- 1 2-3 pound whole chicken
- Kosher salt
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 tablespoon leaves
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 2 lemons; use FreshForce™ Citrus Press (reserve squeezed halves)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Using FreshForce™ Poultry Shears, cut chicken into 4 roasting parts (breasts and thighs with drumsticks)
- Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash using Palm™ Mincer. Transfer the paste to a bowl.
- Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skillet and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon.
- Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve on a platter with Twist’n Sprout(™) Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes.