Sausage, Potatoes, Onions & Pepper in a Skillet
I think of this as good one 'pot' comfort foot, excellent for a rainy or cold day that is easy to make and easy to clean up.
- 2 pounds of Smoked Sausage (cut into &frac;" slices)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 large sweet yellow onion (or more if you like)
- 10 Small sweet red, yellow and orange peppers (I use the Chef'n strawberry capper for these before I slice them)
- 10 Yellow potatoes (cubed into small &frac;" chunks and soaked in salt water for 15 minutes, drain then add to the pot)
- 2 cloves of garlic added at the end
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Slow cook on low heat the olive oil, onions, peppers & potatoes (covered – stir gently every 5 minutes) for 15 minutes or until the taters are starting to get tender then add sausage, garlic & salt / pepper (maybe some more olive oil if needed).