Swipe to the left
Strawberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup (60 grams) almond meal or almond flour
- 5 tablespoons (75 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons (50 grams) almond butter, melted
- 12 ounces (340 grams) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or pure vanilla extract)
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 16 ounces (2 pints) fresh strawberries, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnishing
- Prepare the crust: In a bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, almond meal (or flour), butter, and almond butter until combined and all the crumb are moistened.
- Gentle press down crust to fill each well of the muffin tin, making the thickness as equal as possible along the bottom and the sides.If desired, use the bottom of a small measuring cup to tamp the crust down evenly. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling: In a bowl, stir together the mascarpone, sugar, vanilla bean paste (or extract), and almond extract until creamy and combined. Spread evenly over the graham crust. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- While the mini tarts are the fridge, slice the strawberries. Trim off the stems and slice vertically into thin slices.
- Remove the tarts from the fridge and distribute the strawberry slices onto the mascarpone filling.Add fresh mint leaves for garnish.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge, covered loosely with plastic wrap, until ready to serve.