Swipe to the left
Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
- FreshForce™ Citrus Juicer
- Chef'n LooseLeaf™
- Chef'n Task™ Tongs
- 10 Zucchini Blossoms
- 4 oz Goat Cheese, at room temperature
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp fresh herbs, I like thyme and chives
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups seltzer or bubbly mineral water
- 1 cup (or so) Panko bread crumbs
- 1-2 cups oil for frying
- Mix goat cheese, lemon juice (with FreshForce Citrus Juicer) herbs (using Chef'n LooseLeaf) and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Set in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Gently remove pistils/stamen from inside blossoms.
- Scoop a generous teaspoon of goat cheese mixture and form into a "blossom-sized" cylinder. Gently fill blossoms, pressing petals around cheese to cover completely. Chill for 15-20 minutes before frying.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl for dredging. Slowly add seltzer whisking to avoid clumps, until you've created a smooth, bubbly batter.
- Place Panko crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a non-stick frying pan. I
- When oil is sizzling hot, dip blossoms, one by one, in batter and then dredge in Panko. Fry several at a time, turning to brown all sides, 1-2 minutes each side depending on size of the blossom.
- Using Task Tongs, turn gently and remove to drain on a paper towel when blossoms are golden brown and before cheese gets too soft.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt