Swipe to the left
Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 3 large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 ½ - 3 cups (about) All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ - 1 cup boiling Water
- 1 cup Walnuts or Pecans
- Rinse sweet potatoes and microwave on high for 5-10 minutes until soft and tender.
- Once the potatoes have cooled off enough for you to handle work as quickly as possible to allow steam to escape. Cut the potatoes in half and scrape out flesh followed by ricing it onto a clean surface. Don’t let it pile up spread out evenly to let the steam escape for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt over sweet potatoes along with 2 cups of flour. Mix gently until a soft dough forms adding an additional ½ cup flour at a time until dough is no longer sticky. Form dough into a loaf and divide into 6 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough between palms and work surface until a rope about ½ -1 inch in size. Cut each rope into ½ inch pieces then dust with flour to prevent sticking.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and working in batches drop gnocchi in. Boil until they float to the surface (3-5 minutes). Transfer to a clean surface to cool.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter. Add in flour and salt whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in brown sugar continuing to cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water and continue to stir over medium heat until you’ve reached desired consistency (thinner sauce (5 minutes) for a thicker sauce continue to heat mixture)
- Toss sauce with cooled gnocchi and nuts when you’re ready to serve.