Swipe to the left
- About 1/4 cup of garlic cloves, usually about 1 1/2 heads of garlic
- One cup of salt
- Peel the garlic cloves and place in a food processor. Add the salt, preferably Kosher salt. The iodine and other minerals in table salt or Celtic sea salt can cause the garlic to discolor.
- Process the garlic and salt mixture for about 20 seconds until it reaches the consistency of sand.
- Spread the mixture on parchment or a silicone baking mat and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 180-degree oven for about an hour, until the mixture is dry and crisp. Use the oven heat to dry out the garlic slowly, but avoid browning it.
- Add the garlic salt back into the food processor and pulse it a few times until it resembles the texture of cornmeal.
- Store the mixture in an air-tight jar in a cool, dry place. Label and date your garlic salt, and discard any remainder after three months.