Sweet Spot Mini Ice Cream Sandwich Maker: Recipe & Instructions
What's more fun than making homemade ice cream sandwiches? Making mini ice cream sandwiches, that you can pop into your mouth! (Just watch out for that brain freeze.) Full recipe and how-to are below.
SANDWICH COOKIE INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
- In a standing mixer (a hand mixer works great, too) combine butter, sugar, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- With mixer on low, add egg yolks, one at a time. Once mixed in, scrape down the bowl and turn the mixer back to low.
- Slowly add flour and cocoa powder. Once incorporated, carefully add hot water and mix batter until smooth. You will need to scrape the bowl down and continue mixing for about 5 minutes to ensure a smooth texture. Please note, consistency should be similar to cake batter, with no lumps.
- Place both ice cream brownie molds on a sheet pan, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Portion one scant teaspoon of batter into the center of each mold. Spread slightly with spade, and avoid overfilling. Tap molds to remove excess air bubbles and wipe sides clean to prevent burning.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- After removing molds from the oven, you may gently push any overflowing batter back into each mold with spade or butter knife to ensure that ice cream mold fits nicely onto cookie form.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Once brownies are cooled, place ice cream mold firmly into one of the brownie molds.
- With the spade, fill the ice cream mold with your favorite flavor ice cream, making sure to smooth completely for your brownie tops.
- Next, carefully place the remaining brownie mold on top of the ice cream and snap firmly into place.
- Place the entire mold into the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- To remove sandwiches from the mold, carefully remove the top brownie mold, leaving the brownies in place.
- Next, flip the sandwich maker over a sheet pan and repeat with the bottom mold.
- Find the inscription on the ice cream mold that says “push out sandwiches here” and using both thumbs, gently push at the ends of the sandwich onto the sheet pan. Do not press directly in the middle of the sandwich, this may result in it breaking. Use even pressure to ensure the best results.
- Wrap each sandwich in wax paper and freeze in an airtight container for best quality, or eat immediately.