Tips & Tricks
Build a Better Breakfast
They say eggs are one of the most difficult things to cook, but we’re putting an end to that popular misconception. Our line of egg tools make it easier than ever to cook an egg to perfection- so let’s get cracking!
How to Make Soft-Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs in a pot with cool water, covering eggs by an inch.
- Bring pot to a rolling boil. Once it’s boiling, remove from heat and cover.
- Cook eggs 3 minutes for soft boiled, 6 minutes for medium boiled, and 12 minutes for hard boiled.
- Remove eggs from pot and let cool in ice water for 10 minutes before peeling.
Soft Boiled Brunch Ideas:
- Use the Topster Egg Topper for a simple soft-boiled dip with toast!
- Top a greens and grains salad with a runny egg
- Add a soft boiled egg to your avocado toast
- Make a soft boiled egg salad with mayonnaise, avocado, dijon, chives, and crusty bread
- Top your hash browns with some extra silky soft boiled egg
Hard Boiled Brunch Ideas:
- Make an egg salad sandwich with sliced tomato, fresh basil, and sourdough bread
- Toss together asparagus, bacon, and hard boiled egg with a dijon vinaigrette
- Use little gems, avocado, chickpeas, radish, and hard boiled eggs for a salad
- Top pumpernickel bread with cream cheese, cucumber slices, lox, and sliced hard boiled egg
- Cut hard boiled egg in half and use as a “bread” for ham and cheese
* Slice, dice, or wedge your hard boiled egg using the 3-in-1 Egg Slicester
How to make Poached Eggs
- Place Swirl’n Perfect Egg Poacher into a medium pot of water and bring to a gentle boil. (the water will begin to swirl inside pod)
- Over a small bowl, crack your egg into a small mesh sieve and leave behind any white that falls through.
- Carefully pour egg into the poacher.
- Remove the pot from the heat and set a timer for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the egg white is firm, remove the poacher from water, drain, and blot egg on a paper towel before serving.
Poached Egg Brunch ideas:
- Make breakfast tacos with arugula, goat cheese, avocado, and poached egg
- Sweet potato hash with poached egg
- Lentil and bacon salad with poached egg
- Potato pancakes, shaved steak, topped with poached egg
- Top a bowl of oats (or pasta) with olive oil, shaved pecorino, and a poached egg
How to Make Scrambled Eggs
- Crack 4 eggs into a bowl, add a pinch of salt, and whisk. Use the Yolkster Egg Separator if you’re using egg whites only.
- Melt ½ tablespoon of butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour eggs into the pan and use a silicone spatula to swirl the eggs in small circles around the pan, without stopping, for 30 seconds until the eggs thicken.
- Switch to larger circles until you notice the eggs look thicker and creamier, about another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a few seconds before serving.
Scrambled Egg Brunch ideas:
- Serve with refried beans, avocado slices, and salsa
- Add scrambled eggs to quesadillas
- Top a salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, feta, and red onion with scrambled eggs and red wine vinaigrette
- Mix cheese into your scrambled eggs and serve in an avocado half
- Toast sourdough and top with scrambled eggs, prosciutto or bacon, and pesto